This is important information for females of ALL ages . Guys – please
forward to the female members of your family and all your female
friends and associates.
When this was sent to me, I was told to forward it to my lady friends.
I forwarded it to most everyone in my address book. My men friends
have female friends and this information is too important to miss
someone. Please pass it along.
A group of rapists and date rapists in prison were interviewed on what
they look for in a potential victim and here are some interesting
1) The first thing men look for in a potential victim is hairstyle.
They are most likely to go after a woman with a ponytail, bun, braid
or other hairstyle that can easily be grabbed . They are also likely
to go after a woman with long hair. Women with short hair are not
2) The second thing men look for is clothing . They will look for
women who’s clothing is easy to remove quickly . Many of them carry
scissors around specifically to cut clothing.
3) They also look for women on their cell phone , searching through
their purse or doing other activities while walking because they are
off guard and can be easily overpowered.
4) Men are most likely to attack & rape in the early morning, between
5: 00am. and 8: 30a.m.
5) The number one place women are abducted from/attacked is grocery
store parking lots . Number two is office parking lots/garages .
Number three is public restrooms .
6) The thing about these men is that they are looking to grab a woman
and quickly move her to another location where they don’t have to
worry about getting caught.
7) Only 2% said they carried weapons because rape carries a 3-5 year
sentence but rape with a weapon is 15-20 years.
8) If you put up any kind of a fight at all, they get discouraged
because it only takes a minute or two for them to realize that going
after you isn’t worth it because it will be time-consuming.
9) These men said they would not pick on women who have umbrellas, or
other similar objects that can be used from a distance, in their
hands. Keys are not a deterrent because you have to get really close
to the attacker to use them as a weapon. So, the idea is to convince
these guys you’re not worth it.
10) Several defense mechanisms he taught us are: If someone is
following behind you on a street or in a garage or with you in an
elevator or stairwell, look them in the face and ask them a question,
like what time is it, or make general small talk: “I can’t believe it
is so cold out here”, “we’re in for a bad winter.” Now you’ve seen
their face and could identify them in a line-up; you lose appeal as a
11) If someone is coming toward you , hold out your hands in front of
you and yell STOP or STAY BACK ! Most of the rapists this man talked
to said they’d leave a woman alone if she yelled or showed that she
would not be afraid to fight back . Again, they are looking for an
12) If you carry pepper spray (this instructor was a huge advocate of
it and carries it with him wherever he goes,) yell I HAVE PEPPER SPRAY
and holding it out will be a deterrent.
13) If someone grabs you , you can’t beat them with strength but you
can by outsmart ing them . If you are grabbed around the waist from
behind, pinch the attacker either under the arm (between the elbow and
armpit) OR in the upper inner thigh VERY VERY HARD . One woman in a
class this guy taught told him she used the underarm pinch on a guy
who was trying to date rape her and was so upset she broke through the
skin and tore out muscle strands – the guy needed stitches. Try
pinching yourself in those places as hard as you can stand it; it
14) After the initial hit, always GO for the GROIN . I know from a
particularly unfortunate experience that if you slap a guy’s parts it
is extremely painful. You might think that you’ll anger the guy and
make him want to hurt you more, but the thing these rapists told our
instructor is that they want a woman who will not cause a lot of
trouble. Start causing trouble, and he’s out of there.
15) When the guy puts his hands up to you , grab his first two fingers
and bend them back as far as possible with as much pressure pushing
down on them as possible . The instructor did it to me without using
much pressure, and I ended up on my knees and both knuckles cracked
16) Of course the things we always hear still apply. Always be aware
of your surroundings, take someone with you if you can and if you see
any odd behavior, don’t dismiss it, go with your instincts!!! You
may feel a little silly at the time, but you’d feel much worse if the
guy really was trouble.
PLEASE READ THEN FORWARD THIS TO EVERY WOMAN YOU KNOW, IT’S SIMPLE
STUFF BUT IT COULD SAVE HER LIFE